- Explicit Information Gathering.With respect to the Wausau Paper web site, there are two options regarding your personal information. If you wish to contact Wausau Paper about its products or services, then you need to disclose your contact information so that Wausau Paper can service your request. Alternatively, if you do not wish to contact Wausau Paper about its products or services, then you will not need to disclose your contact information. You can examine Wausau Paper’s entire public web site (i.e., Wausau Paper’s web site excluding any extranet or other private network) without providing any information whatsoever. Wausau Paper’s web site’s user-submitted forms (e.g., a request-for-more-information form or a joining-of-a-mailing-list form) require users to provide Wausau Paper with contact information. This information is used to provide information to those who inquire about Wausau Paper’s products and services and to handle related business matters. This information is also used to get in touch with customers when necessary. In addition, this information may be used to ship and bill orders. From time to time, the information gathered through this web site may be used to notify you about products and services that Wausau Paper believes will be of interest to you.
- Public Forums.Wausau Paper’s web site may make available blog spaces, message or bulletin boards, and other such public forums (collectively, “Public Forums”). Please remember that any information which you disclose in Public Forums becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in such areas. Wausau Paper reserves the right, at its sole and exclusive discretion, to save and archive any content of any nature posted on the Public Forums of this web site. Wausau Paper may, without liability to any user, disclose such content if required to do so: (a) to comply with legal processes; (b) by law; (c) to respond to claims that any of the content violates the property, privacy, publicity or other rights of others; and/or (d) to protect the rights, property, or safety of any party. For further information regarding the rules of conduct applicable to Public Forums on this web site, please see the Wausau Paper web site Terms and Conditions of Use .
- Precautions for Children.Wausau Paper does not attempt to collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. If a child sends personal information to Wausau Paper, and this information can be identified as originating from a child, the information will be deleted. Wausau Paper cannot always determine which information originates with a user that is a child. Wausau Paper does not maintain databases about children.
- Information Usage.When you disclose personal information to Wausau Paper, that information remains with Wausau Paper. The only exception involves disclosure to governmental authorities according to normal business practice (e.g., for the collection of taxes or according to the orders of a court in responding to a subpoena or search warrant). Wausau Paper does not sell, rent, trade, lend, or otherwise transfer such personal information to affiliates, subsidiaries, sister companies, holding companies, parent companies, strategic partners, or any other party.
- Links to Other Sites.Wausau Paper’s web site contains a number of links to other sites. Wausau Paper is not responsible for the security or privacy practices of those other sites, the products or services offered by those sites, or the content appearing at those sites. Wausau Paper does not endorse any of the products or services marketed at those other sites.
- Security Measures.Wausau Paper’s web site is protected with a variety of security measures such as change control procedures, passwords, and physical access controls. Wausau Paper also employs a variety of other mechanisms to ensure that data you provide is not lost, misused, or altered inappropriately. These controls include data confidentiality policies and regular database backups.
- Jurisdictional Matters.This Wausau Paper web site is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. It is intended for use by U.S. residents only. Wausau Paper makes no representations that this web site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nations. By using this web site and submitting any personal information, non-U.S. visitors: (a) understand, acknowledge, and agree that this web site is subject to U.S. law; (b) consent to the transfer of personal information to the U.S.; and (c) waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
Last Revised 10/02/09