Terms and Conditions of Use
Read These Terms and Conditions Carefully Before Using This Web Site
- Agreement to Abide by Terms and Conditions.
This web site is provided by Wausau Paper Corp., and its subsidiary and related entities of any level (collectively, “Wausau Paper”). By using, viewing, displaying, downloading, copying, printing, and/or distributing the contents of this web site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, do not use this web site.
- Personal and Non-Commercial Use.Subject to these terms and conditions, Wausau Paper authorizes you to use, view, display, download, copy, print, and/or distribute the contents of this web site for your personal and non-commercial purposes. No part of the content of this web site may be used in any other manner or for any other purpose without the prior written consent of Wausau Paper. This authorization is non-exclusive and non transferable. This authorization does not transfer to you any title or other legal rights in or to any of the contents of this web site. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on any web site content which is downloaded, copied, and/or printed. You may not modify any of the content of this web site that is downloaded, copied, and/or printed. You may not distribute any downloaded, copied, and/or printed content to any other person unless the recipient has been given notice of and agrees to accept and abide by these terms and conditions. You are prohibited from using any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the web site without express written permission from the trademark owner, except as permitted by applicable law.
- Posting any incomplete, false, fraudulent, or inaccurate biographical information or general information (e.g., impersonating any other party);
- Posting a profile for any purpose other than to participate in online discussion via the Public Forums;
- Sending a message to a user for any reason other than to participate in online discussions;
- Deleting or revising any content or material posted by any other party;
- Posting advertisements, solicitations for business, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Forging any message header information in any e-mail Posting;
- Posting material that is unlawful or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law (e.g., posting material that is copyrighted, trademarked, or that contains trade secret information without the permission of the lawful owner);
- Posting material that infringes on any intellectual property rights of others;
- Posting material that infringes on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that contains viruses, worms, malicious code, harmful components or mechanisms, and/or technical defects;
- Posting material that, in Wausau Paper’s sole judgment, is obscene, vulgar, profane, indecent, defamatory, threatening, harassing, tortuous, abusive, hateful, or otherwise objectionable, or any material that is embarrassing or harmful to another user or any other person or entity; and
- Posting any sexually oriented or sexually explicit image or statement.
You hereby grant Wausau Paper, and its successors and assigns, the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, retransmit, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, publicly perform or display your Postings (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for so long as any rights exist in your Postings. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights, in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license set forth in these terms and conditions. You further permit any other user to access, display, view, store, and reproduce your Postings for such other user’s private non-commercial use. Subject to all of the foregoing, you, as the owner of your Postings on this web site, retain any and all rights that may exist in your Postings.
Wausau Paper has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this web site and its Public Forums to determine compliance with these terms and conditions and any other operating rules established by Wausau Paper to satisfy any law, regulation, or authorized government request. You agree that Wausau Paper reserves the right, in its sole and exclusive discretion, to: (a) terminate your registration, membership, or accounts (if any) at any time; (b) edit, refuse to post, or remove any or all of your Postings; (c) turn over Postings to law enforcement officials; and/or (d) deny your participation in any other activity or service provided to you by this web site. Without limiting the foregoing, Wausau Paper has the right to remove any material that Wausau Paper, in its sole and exclusive discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions of these terms and conditions or otherwise objectionable. Wausau Paper also reserves the right to take such actions, with or without notice, and without any liability to you.
THE INFORMATION AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE PUBLIC FORUMS OF THIS WEB SITE ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF WAUSAU PAPER OR ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, AND WAUSAU PAPER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THAT INFORMATION OR THOSE OPINIONS. NEITHER WAUSAU PAPER NOR ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO ANY PARTY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PARTIES WHO MAY USE OR RELY ON SUCH DATA OR MATERIALS OR TO WHOM SUCH DATA OR MATERIALS MAY BE FURNISHED) FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY INFORMATION OR OPINIONS PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE.
You hereby understand, acknowledge, and agree that Wausau Paper assumes no liability, responsibility, or obligation to transmit, process, store, receive, or deliver Postings or for any failure or delay associated with any Postings; you are hereby expressly advised not to rely upon the timeliness or performance of this web site for any Postings.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURATE OR DATED INFORMATION OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE CORRECTED, CHANGED, OR UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. WAUSAU PAPER MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Damages.IN NO EVENT WILL WAUSAU PAPER BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA) THAT ARE RELATED TO THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, CONTENT, OR FUNCTION OF THIS WEB SITE, REGARDLESS OF WAUSAU PAPER’S KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE OCCURRENCE OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Indemnification.You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Wausau Paper, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and distributors, and its or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, or suppliers from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your breach of any provision of these terms and conditions or any representation or warranty you provide herein, or otherwise arising in any way out of your use of this web site. Wausau Paper reserves the right, at its sole expense, to take exclusive control and defense of any such claim or action (otherwise subject to indemnification by you) and all negotiations for settlement or compromise, in which event you will cooperate fully with Wausau Paper in asserting any available defenses
- Unsolicited Ideas.Wausau Paper is eager to receive your comments and answer your questions about its products, its services, and the company. However, Wausau Paper is not seeking, nor can it accept, unsolicited ideas, suggestions, or materials (collectively, “Ideas”) relating to the development, design, manufacture, or marketing of its products or services. By adhering to this policy, Wausau Paper hopes to avoid subsequent misunderstandings among members of the public who submit comments or Ideas relating to products or concepts developed by Wausau Paper’s employees.If, in spite of Wausau Paper’s request that you not submit your unsolicited Ideas, you still send them, then regardless of what your posting, electronic mail, letter, or other transmission may say: (a) your Ideas will automatically become the property of Wausau Paper without any compensation to you; (b) Wausau Paper will have no obligation to return your Ideas to you or respond to you in any way; (c) Wausau Paper will have no obligation to keep your Ideas confidential; and (d) Wausau Paper may use your Ideas for any purpose whatsoever, including giving your Ideas to others. Moreover, you agree and understand that Wausau Paper is not obligated to use any Ideas and you have no rights to compel such use. IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION THAT YOU WISH TO TREAT AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY, DO NOT SUBMIT IT TO WAUSAU PAPER THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.
- Links to Other Web Sites. Wausau Paper may provide links to third-party web sites of interest to you throughout this web site. You acknowledge that Wausau Paper has no control over third-party web sites and Wausau Paper is not directly or indirectly responsible or liable for the content, security, or privacy practices of, nor the actions of, the persons or entities which control such third-party web sites. The inclusion of any such link does not imply any endorsement by Wausau Paper of any third-party web site. If you decide to visit any third-party web site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all necessary protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
- Copyright Infringement.By your submitting any Postings or other material through this web site, you are: (a) representing that you are the rightful owner of the submitted material; (b) representing that no one else may claim rights to that material; and (c) granting permission to have that material posted on this web site. Wausau Paper reserves the right to remove access to infringing material, and such actions do not modify or affect any other rights Wausau Paper may have under contract or law.If you claim to be the copyright owner of any content on this web site, please immediately notify Wausau Paper’s copyright agent of any claimed copyright infringement by providing the following information as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17 U.S.C. § 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Wausau Paper to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Wausau Paper to contact the complaining party or the person authorized to act on behalf of the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Wausau Paper’s copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or relating to this web site can be reached by: (a) sending a letter via the U.S. Mail to Wausau Paper Corp., 100 Paper Place, Mosinee, WI 54455, Attn: Corporate Secretary; or (b) e-mailing Wausau Paper’s copyright agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amendment of Terms and Conditions.Wausau Paper reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to amend these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions of sale referenced herein, in whole or in part, without notice to you. Amendments to these terms and conditions and such terms and conditions of sale will be effective when posted. You should periodically review these terms and conditions and such terms and conditions of sale. Your use of this web site after any such amendments have been posted will be deemed to constitute acceptance of those amendments.
- Suspension or Termination of Web Site.Wausau Paper reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to suspend or terminate all or any portion of this web site, including the availability of any features of the web site, and to suspend or terminate any one or more of the authorizations or rights granted herein. Wausau Paper may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to all or any portion of the web site without notice or liability.
- Entire Agreement.These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Wausau Paper and you with regard to your use of this web site. Any cause of action which you may have with respect to your use of this web site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. If any court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms and conditions or any portion thereof to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of these terms and conditions and the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Any failure by Wausau Paper to enforce or exercise any provision of these terms and conditions or related rights shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or provision. Section titles and headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and do not have any legal or contractual effect.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction.This web site is administered through Wausau Paper’s offices located in the State of Wisconsin, United States of America. Wausau Paper makes no representations as to the appropriateness or legality of the contents of this web site in other jurisdictions. If you access this web site outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with all governing law. Any cause of action you may have against Wausau Paper with regard to this web site will be governed by the laws of and must be brought in the State of Wisconsin (U.S.A.), without giving effect to its conflict of laws principles.
- Conflict with Other Terms and Conditions.In the event that any provisions of these terms and conditions conflict with or are in addition to any more specific Wausau Paper web site terms and conditions (including, but not limited to, the Terms and Conditions for Use for Timberland Web Pages (the “Timberland Terms and Conditions”)), the provisions of the more specific terms and conditions (e.g., the Timberland Terms and Conditions) shall control.
Last Revised 10/02/09